Now that we’ve launched our fresh new finish, Sage, we’re ready to celebrate. And since when is celebrating not enhanced with an inviting cocktail in hand (especially when it incorporates clear ice from our Clear Ice Machine)? While many of us might consider ourselves exceptional cocktail drinkers, most of us aren’t exactly exceptional cocktail makers. Which is why we tapped the founder and owner of curated cocktail company, Inspired, mixologist Nicole Wright, yet again for some sage advice. And she delivered, quite literally. Below, take a look at Wright’s deliciously savory, Sage Advice cocktail recipe. It tastes fresh on the palate with a hint of spice—just as our new finish does. It will certainly impress your guests—enjoy!
SAGE ADVICE COCKTAIL RECIPE
By: Nicole Wright of INSPIRED
1 dash orange bitters
1 whole cardamom pod
.5 oz sage infused maple syrup*
1 oz rye whiskey
1 oz apple brandy
1 peel from a grapefruit
1 bouquet of fresh sage leaves
- Crack the cardamom pod by pressing with the side of a knife (like you would a clove of garlic)
- Add the cardamom, as well as all of the other ingredients, to a large mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir for about 20 seconds
- Strain into a rocks glass, over a large clear ice cube (such as the ones True Residential’s Clear Ice Machine produces) 😃
- Express the oils from the grapefruit peel over the glass; garnish with a sage bouquet and enjoy!
*SAGE-INFUSED MAPLE SYRUP
- In a small saucepan: combine 2 parts maple syrup and 1 part water + enough fresh sage leaves to fill the liquid space.
- Be sure to rip up the sage leaves a bit with your hands to release more oils. Simmer the mixture on low for approximately 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Allow it to cool completely before straining the sage out of the maple and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.