Over 70 years of commercial refrigeration focus have enabled us to become experts in the design and development of our systems. While energy efficiency has always been part of our design process, we continue to utilize new technologies to improve our systems to be the most efficient in the industry, without sacrificing the performance that ultimately provides food safety for our customers throughout the world.
Since our founding, True has been committed to being leaders in cold, but that commitment spans the entire footprint of our company, from raw materials to finished product.
- Replaced rooftop air conditioners with more efficient Economizer units. The units use fresh air virtually free for cooling during the fall, winter, and early spring
- Reduced office lighting load by 30%
- Paper, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, cardboard, clear plastic, mixed metals
- Cumulative savings of 5,339 tons of material out of landfills since January 2008—the equivalent of removing the annual CO2 emission of 994 homes.
- Installed automated water faucets and hand dryers to regulate water usage and reduce paper towel waste
- Cafeteria switched from Styrofoam plates and bowls to environmentally friendly paper products
- Implemented the Box-on-Demand machine for all part shipments. This machine custom-makes boxes to the shape and size of each part sent out, thereby reducing the amount of cardboard used for these shipments. Additionally, any scrap produced by this machine is shredded and re-used as packaging material, reducing our reliance on Styrofoam
- Closed loop water systems to conserve water
- Printing with UV inks to eliminate solvents
- Pioneering the use of Ecomate® foam insulation (0% GWP/ODP)
- Material recycling, including lumber for our custom palettes
In just the last 15 years, we have achieved the following:
- Reduced water usage by 40% per sq. ft.
- Shown a 99.97% reduction in TRI (Toxic Release Inventory) reported chemical releases
- Reduced the release of CO2 by 136,000 metric tons—the equivalent of removing 28,333 cars from the road
- Reduced natural gas consumption by 60% per sq. ft.
- Recycled 100% of scrap metal
True is committed to producing high quality products that are manufactured in the USA. True manufactures each cabinet using an industry-leading combination of high-quality metals and components designed to optimize cabinet performance.
- Fan motors: True uses a balanced system with commercial-grade componenets, which produces a large volume of air at a slow rate passing across the evaporator, which allows for faster recovery and uniformity of temperature through the refrigeration unit.
- Consumption: By matching and balancing oversized compressors, evaporators, and condenser coils, True engineers environmentally friendly refrigeration systems with shorter run times, lower energy consumption, and the industry’s coldest holding temperatures.
- Evaporator coils: True’s evaporator coils have 20-40% more surface area than the industry standard, resulting in faster pull-down of product temperatures and quicker recovery times.
True is meeting and exceeding CEC and DOE energy standards—without sacrificing quality—through the following methods:
- Utilizing green materials and components such as recycled composite materials and Ecomate, a foamed-in-place, high-density, CFC-free polyurethane insulation with a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of Zero and an Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) of Zero. Developing refrigeration equipment operating on Natural Refrigerants (near “0” GWP).
- True equipment meets RoHS (“Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances”) compliance in electrical and electronic equipment. We reduced the use of major hazardous substances—such as lead, mercury, and cadmium—by 99% in the production of True products.
To learn more about our commitments, download our Sustainability Brochure or get in touch today.